Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mixed Media Girl



I have just finished a mixed media piece that I am going to teach a class on at Heartland Paper in Utah. I love how it turned out and I hope some of those mixed media artists will come and join me and share with me their items. We do not have many mixed media people come into the store but I'm hoping we can attract more artist type people who want to try something a bit more creative. I started with an 11"X17" canvas and painted it with a mix of colors. I then designed dresses and cut them out of the new Quite Contrary Line from Making Memories. I love, love, love this paper. It is bright and cheerful, full of pinks, blues and lime greens. I then pulled out a bunch of embellishments and opened a pack of Making Memories Vintage pieces (this was the mini kit girl) and started embellishing and adding ribbons and buttons and all sorts of small pieces. I cut out background pieces with my Storybook Cricut Cartridge and started layering. I used Mod Podge for the background papers and the ric rac ribbon around the edges and used Scor-Tape, Glue Dots and Foam Dots for the rest. It was great fun!!! This class will cost $30 and can be mailed as a kit with pictures and instructions. If you would like to order a kit just email me thewrightteresa@mac.com and I will let you know when it will be available. I love the creative process - it keeps me happy on such a rainy day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, you are so talented and creative, I cannot even believe it! I love the mixed-media piece - everything about it is amazing and gorgeous! The cards are great fun and so cute! Your creations enrich our lives and make us feel happy!
    Dorene

    ReplyDelete