Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Men and Stamping




This morning was VERY interesting. I taught an embossing class this morning which involved 4 projects, two of which are in the pictures above. Yesterday the manager informed me that Studio 5 (a local TV show) was coming to my Stamping class and that they were bringing 2 local radio personalities from the Night Side Show on KSL in Salt Lake City. The TV show is focusing on starting new hobbies this month and thought it would be fun to have the radio guys try out some new "woman type" hobbies. Well, it was a hoot and the guys really had fun with the whole thing. They brought "guy" treats - Cheese Whiz in a can, crackers and a Salami Roll. The guys tried their best at each of the products, and one of them even tried to add his bit of creativity, although I have to admit his box (see above) was quite hilarious. The paper he wrapped around the box was VERY crooked and provided us all with a good laugh. It was interesting trying to teach and demonstrate something to people who are not familiar in the least with glue dots, tape runners and foam dots. I felt like I was back in kindergarten for scrapbookers!!! I have to admit though they did pretty good with a glue stick although I think they used one whole stick just putting the paper on the box. The other women in the class were so helpful and they were eager to show them how to use all of the products that we take for granted. When I find out when the show is going to air, I will post it and we will all watch it together. (Of course you have to understand I had a one day notice on this so I wasn't able to lose 20 pounds in time!) I'm also eager to see what they have to say about us tonight at 7 pm on their radio show.

Anyway, I love how the hanging turned out above. It is so fun to use all those embellishments that sit in my drawer. I have to say I love the Big Shot by Sizzix because it can cut chipboard and felt which brings so much texture and dimension to a flat object such as paper.

The little box is just one I picked up at Roberts and decorated it and changed out the twine handle for a beautiful ribbon. There are so many possibilities for these boxes - perfect for treats and little things for friends and neighbors. They would look great painted, covered with paper and even some Maya Mist on them would be fun. I just used the plain box since it was for a stamping class. The vintage picture on the tag came from Graphic Fairy, a great blog where you can download vintage images and use them.

Well, I have one more stamping class tonight and then I will start work on next month's projects which will be fun Easter items. Have a great day and maybe if I'm lucky I will become the next Martha after making my debut TV appearance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment