Monday, February 22, 2010

Easter Cone


I made this cone a week ago for my next stamping class. I realize this is a stretch for a stamping class but actually we are going to be working with flocking, petal soft, and some Martha Stewart mini beads (I think that's what they are called). I started by making a cone from the new Anna Griffin paper and then I experimented with crepe paper that I bought at the grocery store. I first tried to sew it to get the gathered, overlapping look but found the sewing flattened the paper quite a bit so I used the tried and true Scor-Tape, 1/8" size, (I love this stuff - I have it in every size). I placed the score tape along the top of the cone and then gathered the crepe paper right onto the tape. It worked beautifully. I took all sorts of luscious ribbon (the light blue ribbon over the cream ribbon is brand new from May Arts and is probably my favorite of the bunch) and hung them from the top and then I took flowers from Prima, sprayed them with different Glitter Mists from Maya Road, and then used flocking and the bead for the centers. I then punched out a circle from a sheet of Scor-Tape and took my wide ribbon and started going around in circles with it as I stuck it to the Tape. I then used some light blue Petal Soft in the middle of the ribbon flower. It was great fun. In class we will also be making an Easter Card, a box for chocolates (See's of course) and a gift tag. Such fun!

1 comment:

  1. Darling! So artistic and flowing - love it! - from one of your Sacramento fans!

    ReplyDelete